About the Al-Anon / Alateen Family Group
Al-Anon (and Alateen for younger members) is a worldwide organization that offers a program of help and mutual support for families and friends of someone with a drinking problem whether or not the person with a drinking problem seeks help or even recognizes the existence of a drinking problem.
Participants in Al-Anon and Alateen give and receive comfort and understanding through a mutual exchange of experience, strength and hope, and learn how the principles of the Al-Anon program can be applied to their own lives.
This process of sharing amongst people with similar problems and applying Al-Anon principles binds individuals and groups together in a bond that is protected by a policy of anonymity and confidentiality.
Additional Resources for Al-Anon and Alateen
- Literature for people to learn about our programs and about the effects of drinking on people close to the drinkers.
- Meetings in many local areas where people can talk to people whose lives have been affected by someone else's drinking.
- Events, some of which are held in public forums for informational purposes.
- Information for professionals who help people whose lives have been affected by someone's drinking.
- Web sites, such as this one and the Al-Anon and Alateen World Service web site, where information may be obtained online.
- Contacts that you can reach for more information about Al-Anon and Alateen.